Relationship Counselling Peterborough
Helping People Resolve their Relationship Problems
If you are struggling with difficulties in your relationship, I understand how difficult that can be.
You might feel hurt and betrayed.
Or you might find you're struggling with communication problems, arguing all the time, or stuck with seemingly irreconcilable differences and gridlock.
Or you might feel all the passion and fun has gone out of your relationship and you want to turn back the clock to how it was.
In our society, we imagine relationships should proceed effortlessly, without trouble, but what you are experiencing is normal. Reaching out to me and working together means you have a place to get help with your concerns.
Here Are Some Specific Challenges That I Can Help You With
As someone who is struggling with relationship problems you may be feeling:
Even if you are feeling overwhelmed with problems like these, Relationship Counselling Peterborough can help.
As Your Counsellor, I Can Help You Resolve these Problems
I'm Matthew Mcginty and I'm a Counsellor who is uniquely qualified to help you overcome your relationship difficulties. I've had a lot of varied experiences in life and have benefited immensely from the tools and techniques that I now teach.
My relationships weren't always plain sailing, in fact I often inadvertently hurt those I loved. I always thought there was something wrong with me, as it never seemed as easy as I was told it should be.
I understand what you may be going through and how confusing it can feel, that’s why I offer a place where you can talk freely and be heard, and where we'll actively work on the relationship techniques that will work for you.
Relationship Counselling Peterborough Can Improve Your Marriage
Counselling for Relationship Problems can provide the support you need to work toward a better life for you and your partner. Even if you’re feeling lost now, I can help guide you in making lasting, positive changes in your marriage.
Relationship Counselling Cambridge can help you:
It’s not easy managing your tough situation but the good news is that it's possible to feel better. I have the experience to help you.
Take the Next Step, Reach Out To Schedule Your First Session
If you are challenged by relationship difficulties and want to return your relationship back to what it once was, schedule your first session today. You may call me at 01733 639 040, email me at email@example.com, or use my online booking calendar to select a time suitable for you. I'm here for you.
Click on the questions below to open the answers.
What are Your Fees and Cancellation policy?
What is Your Training?
- Diploma Existential Counselling & Psychotherapy, N.S.P.C London
- Certificate Existential Counselling & Psychotherapy, N.S.P.C London
- Diploma in Gestalt Therapy & Theory, Gestalt Centre London
- Mindfulness Teacher Training, UK College of Mindfulness Meditation
- Level 1 & 2 Couples Therapy: Clinical Training, The Gottman Institute, Seattle
Who Can Benefit from Therapy?
- They may be feeling a variety of difficult emotions such as grief, disappointment, confusion, sadness, loneliness, despair, anxiety.
- They may be uncertain about how to move forward in their lives.
- They may have conflicts, dilemmas or worries that they wish to resolve.
- Others come to a therapist to explore and expand their understanding of themselves to improve their lives.
What is Your Role as Therapist?
What Do I Need to Do?
What is Your Approach?
I draw on several therapeutic approaches and am most extensively trained in the existential approach. This approach emphasizes the human condition as a whole and aims to use therapy to:
- examine and work with our strengths and capabilities
- discover unexplored possibilities and new potentials
- acknowledge and explore human limitations
- clarify and develop personal meaning
- invite you to develop greater awareness of your own moment to moment experience
I also incorporate mindfulness in my approach to therapy.
- make us more aware of our present moment experience
- enable us to experience life more fully
- significantly change the way we relate to difficult feelings and experiences
- enable us to appreciate more fully the good things in our lives
- Mindfulness has been shown to reduce stress and help with depression and anxiety.
I have experience working with bereavement, stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, anger management and marital/relationship problems, including infidelity and porn addiction. I have worked successfully with many clients in all these areas.
How Long Should Therapy Last?
How Soon Will I Start To Notice Things Getting Better?
What If I Feel Worse?
Is Everything I Say Confidential?
Do You Have Online Therapy?
Yes, if we agree to have sessions via video conference, I will provide a link to a secure online counselling platform. If, due to technology failure, we are unable to hold a video session or must stop part way through, we can agree to continue via telephone or stop until the next scheduled session. If we agree to stop and less than 40 minutes of the session have been completed, then a partial refund will be offered based on the approximate number of minutes lost.
Main Benefits of Relationship Counselling in Peterborough
Counselling is a caring humanistic profession
Counsellors undertake many years of training and practice placements that allow them to hone their listening, caring and understanding skills as well as their theoretical understanding of human life.
Many counsellors have struggled with their own problems, have learnt to overcome them and now want to give back.
- 1Experienced Professional
Work with someone who is trained and experienced in the common problems of human living and chose this work because they care.
- 2Self Knowledge
Gain Knowledge about yourself that it can be hard to find out alone. Talk with another person in an open and honest manner.
- 3Exploration of Problems
Understand your problems and their causes. Learn how to change and overcome them.
- 4Knowledge and Learning
Learn some of the latest knowledge about what contributes and shapes human well-being.
Call Now to find out how I can help
If I can't take your call, I'll call you right back.