MENTAL WELLNESS COUNSELLING PETERBOROUGH
Hi, I'm Matt Mcginty, (Diploma).
I'm a counsellor, but you might also call me a good listener and a friend.
I help people who are struggling find the peace and joy they deserve.
Together, we'll explore how to get to a place where your ups and downs are manageable.
If You Feel Nervous or Afraid, I Hear You, And You Are Not Alone
With the pace of modern living increasing it's easy to feel stressed and anxious. There may be moments when your heart pounds, your breathing quickens, your muscles tense and you start to sweat. Or you may feel lost with a sense of despair. Or perhaps your relationship has hit a rocky patch and your not sure the best way forward.
You may be feeling:
It’s Possible to Start Feeling Better
As your counsellor, I will collaborate with you to find your best way forward.
Through the course of my life I've struggled with different problems. I would often find myself in situations where I felt unable to cope. Panicking and reacting to situations in unhelpful ways.
Because of this, I know how hard life can be when you're facing these challenges. But it also allows me to know that overcoming problems is possible.
Benefits of Counselling in Peterborough
Counselling in Peterborough can help you. Whether it is Depression, PTSD or Anger Management, Counselling can help you:
These are a few of the ways I can help.
My Professional Background in Counselling
I received a diploma in Gestalt (Awareness) Counselling in London and I am a qualified Mindfulness Teacher counselling in Peterborough. I am at Masters level of training and working toward a Doctorate in Counselling and Psychotherapy. I am also trained to Level 2 in Gottman's Couples Therapy.
Let's Get You to A Place You Want to Be
Getting some counselling in Peterborough can help you feel calmer, more relaxed and joyful. Whether you're suffering from relationship problems, depression, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, or any other common problem. Let’s discover how I can help.
Reach out to schedule your first appointment. During your first session, you can share a bit about what's troubling you and I can answer any questions you might have. We'll discuss your goals and my approach and assess whether we are the right fit for each other. To schedule your first appointment, call 01733 639 040, use my online booking calendar, or fill out the form below. I'm here for you.
Click on the questions below to open the answers.
What are Your Fees and Cancellation policy?
What is Your Training?
- Diploma Existential Counselling & Psychotherapy, N.S.P.C London Certificate Existential Counselling & Psychotherapy, N.S.P.C London
- Diploma in Gestalt Therapy & Theory, Gestalt Centre London
- Mindfulness Teacher Training, UK College of Mindfulness Meditation
- Level 1 & 2 Couples Therapy: Clinical Training, The Gottman Institute, Seattle
Who Can Benefit from Therapy?
- They may be feeling a variety of difficult emotions such as grief, disappointment, confusion, sadness, loneliness, despair, anxiety.
- They may be uncertain about how to move forward in their lives.
- They may have conflicts, dilemmas or worries that they wish to resolve.
- Others come to a therapist to explore and expand their understanding of themselves to improve their lives.
What is Your Role as Therapist?
What Do I Need to Do?
What is Your Approach?
I draw on several therapeutic approaches and am most extensively trained in the existential approach. This approach emphasizes the human condition as a whole and aims to use therapy to:
- examine and work with our strengths and capabilities
- discover unexplored possibilities and new potentials
- acknowledge and explore human limitations
- clarify and develop personal meaning
- invite you to develop greater awareness of your own moment to moment experience
I also incorporate mindfulness in my approach to therapy.
- make us more aware of our present moment experience
- enable us to experience life more fully
- significantly change the way we relate to difficult feelings and experiences
- enable us to appreciate more fully the good things in our lives
- Mindfulness has been shown to reduce stress and help with depression and anxiety.
I have experience working with bereavement, stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, anger management and marital/relationship problems, including infidelity and porn addiction. I have worked successfully with many clients in all these areas.
How Long Should Therapy Last?
How Soon Will I Start To Notice Things Getting Better?
What If I Feel Worse?
Is Everything I Say Confidential?
Do You Have Online Therapy?
Yes, if we agree to have sessions via video conference, I will provide a link to a secure online counselling platform. If, due to technology failure, we are unable to hold a video session or must stop part way through, we can agree to continue via telephone or stop until the next scheduled session. If we agree to stop and less than 40 minutes of the session have been completed, then a partial refund will be offered based on the approximate number of minutes lost.
Main Benefits of Counselling in Peterborough
Counselling is a caring humanistic profession
Counsellors undertake many years of training and practice placements that allow them to hone their listening, caring and understanding skills as well as their theoretical understanding of human life.
Many counsellors have struggled with their own problems, have learnt to overcome them and now want to give back.
- 1Experienced Professional
Someone who is trained and experienced in the common problems of human living and chose this work because they care.
- 2Self Knowledge
Gain Knowledge about yourself that it can be hard to find out alone. Together your conversation becomes more.
- 3Exploration of Problems
The understanding of whatever is pressing for you in the moment. A sensitive, creative understanding to pain and despair.
- 4Knowledge and Learning
An understanding of some of the latest knowledge of what contributes and shapes human happiness.
Call Now to find out how I can help
If I can't take your call, I'll call you right back.